The technology of the LabVision® project modules marks a new generation of automation software with a user-friendliness and functionality not seen until now.
Instantiated project modules enable the visual creation of projects using prefabricated, ready-to-use modules using a drag and drop technology, i.e. a project is established by moving the required project module elements necessary for the demanded functions from a Designer library onto the worksheet. Project modules are combined using different LabVision® objects, including
- Data points
- Device components
- Operating objects
- Visualisation objects
- Monitoring objects
- HiText™ programs
- Plotters, export configurations etc.
Completed project modules with the most common configurations are available as a library. These only require to be adjusted to the hardware equipment in the course of importing. This significantly shortens the development period for projects.
Thanks to a library administration of the generated project modules, it is possible to simply secure and easily transfer various work statuses of personally created modules to other systems in a similar way to the LabVision® project administration.
A gravimetric dosing module consists, for example, of a dosing regulator, the data points for the balance, pump and cut-off valve, the relevant monitoring elements and the graphic display and operating objects. Thanks to the new technology, the project establishment time has shrunk in comparison to conventional work procedures from a few days to a few minutes, which especially reduces the time required for frequently changing laboratory equipment to a negligible level. Even users with limited experience of automation equipment can securely create a demanding automation project.
The project modules contain the required process measurement and control functions and visualisation elements. This means that the data points for the inputs and outputs, the control components and the user interface are automatically set up and can be immediately used.
The ALR (automatic laboratory reactor) project module library contains the modules required for the creation of an automation project for a flexible laboratory reactor system:
- Temperature regulation cascade with thermostat
- Gravimetric or volumetric dosing
- Solid matter dosing
- Vacuum regulation
- pH control
- Temperature control
- Phase separation
- Sample collector
- Stirring etc.
A project established on the basis of the project module library is EasyBatch™ and HiBatch™ compatible. This means that it can be used as a basis for the recipe control system and the unit operation library. Modules which have been previously used are marked in colour in the Designer library.
The modules can be re-used so that, for example, expansion with further dosing circuits can be easily achieved.
The data points for the connection of the required balances, pumps, and valves are set up automatically.
The technical documentation can be created automatically at the push of a button.
Access is achieved, via the context menus of the individual modules, which can be reached by a right-hand click on the mouse, to a graphic display of the LabManager® slide-in modules which then displays to which slots the required instrumenting components, such as balances, stirrer drive, thermostat, valves etc. need to be connected. The module library is designed for HiTec Zang instruments and laboratory apparatus, but it can be easily adapted to other components.
The user interface is extraordinarily versatile. The parameterising dialogues are opened by clicking onto the symbols of the operating objects . This prevents unintended operation actions being triggered by accidental mouse clicks.
As the objects used in personally developed project modules are based on the standard design objects, they can be changed or extended/ by the user as desired.
|SL-MODBIBALRL|| ALR project module library, light version for Designer|
- Pumps with LabDos™ and SyrDos™
- pH control (for alkaline and/or acid dosing)
- Inerting (generation of an inert atmosphere through repeated drawing/inerting of a vacuum)
- Volumetric dosing with LabDos™ and SyrDos™
- Gravimetric surge dosing with GraviDos® (demand: amount)
- Gravimetric volume dosing with GraviDos® (demand: amount and time)
- Gravimetric flow rate dosing with GraviDos® (demand: dosing rate and time)
- Gravimetric conti dosing with GraviDos® (demand: dosing rate)
- Temperature regulation with thermostat and temperature cascade regulation
- LabDos® Solid (solid matter dosing with LabDos® Solid)
- Stirring with ViscoPakt® (output of a set point speed to the stirrer and torque indication)
- Inerting (introduction of inert gas)
- Vacuum regulation
- Reflux distillation
- Automatic phase separation with PhaSep™
- Automatic sample taking and filling with AutoSam™ and LabDos™ or SyrDos™
|SL-MODBIBALR|| ALR project module library, full version for Designer|
Contains additional Designer objects for touch panels with a low resolution (640x480)
All project modules additional to the light library
- Stirring using various stirrer drives (output of a set point speed to the stirrer and torque display)
- Volumetric dosing with an analogue controlled pump
- Gravimetric surge dosing with a pump and balance (demand: amount)
- Gravimetric volume dosing with a pump and balance (demand: amount and time)
- Gravimetric flow rate dosing with a pump and balance (demand: dosing rate and time)
- Gravimetric conti dosing with a pump and balance (demand: dosing rate)
- Distillation with sheath temperature control
- Rectification (multi-level separation by distillation)
- Gassing with MFC
- Flow meter/integrator for gas meter and flow meter
|SL-PROJMOD||Project Module generator (creation of new project modules)|
|SL-MODBIBALR||ALR Project Module Library, full version for Designer|
|SL-MODBIBALRL||ALR Project Module Library, light version for Designer|